Wisdom2Action is working on behalf of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) on a project to identify the priorities of LGBTQ2+ youth across Canada on Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
We know that Gender-Based Violence has a distinct impact on LGBTQ2+ youth, but we don’t know how LGBQT2+ youth feel they are impacted by GBV, what issues are most important to them, and what kinds of programs or initiatives they would like to see in their communities. We need to listen to the voices of LGBTQ2+ youth to ensure we are working by, for and with them.
We have launched an online survey for LGBTQ2+ youth, and will be doing consultations in different regions across Canada.
For LGBTQ2+ Youth (12-25):
Please consider spending 5-10 minutes filling out our survey, which can be accessed here:
- In English: https://goo.gl/forms/pTz2nsMz3EKhhrtG3
- In French: https://goo.gl/forms/Tuvezxu1eeVg1teL2
If you are interested in attending an in-person consultation, please contact us >> EMAIL
For service providers, allies, organizations and others:
We appreciate any and all help getting the word out about this project. Below are 4 steps you can take to help us spread the word:
- Sharing the survey with LGBTQ2+ youth in your network
- Sharing the survey with local organizations and partners in your community, particularly organizations that work with youth, LGBTQ2+ communities, or both.
- Sharing the survey on social media. We would encourage you to tag us (@Wisdom2Action).
- Host a consultation in your community with local LGBTQ2+ youth. If interested, please contact our coordinator, Fae Johnstone.