School Mental Health Leaders & Service Providers
We need your help to reach as many students as possible across Ontario. We have two key mechanisms to engage students and help shape the student mental health leadership strategy led by School Mental Health Ontario: Regional Forums in Ottawa, Toronto, Thunder Bay and London, and an online survey for secondary schools students across Ontario.
While this is a quality improvement project, rather than a research study, SMHO-SMSO and W2A did seek and receive approval to gather this information through Dalhousie University Research Ethics Board as a way to ensure overall integrity of the methods used, and to allow for sharing of the findings in a way that might be helpful to others in the future. Findings will only be shared in aggregated form.
The online survey for secondary school students is open from June 3rd until July 12th. The survey is focused on student mental health knowledge needs and preferences. Note that the survey is close-ended in nature, to allow for safe and anonymous input.
Help Us Spread The Word
We need to reach as many students across Ontario as possible! Please consider sharing our student web-page with young people and students in your network. To help spread the word, you can download the poster, or social media visuals below. For more information, please see our Overview.
We are organizing four regional forums, in Ottawa, Toronto, Thunder Bay and London! The forums will provide an opportunity to delve more deeply into your perspectives and recommendations on improving student leadership and mental health in Ontario’s secondary schools.
What to expect at the regional forums:
- An engaging opportunity to learn and share alongside other students about improving mental health in schools, and sharing your perspective on how to help students be engaged as leaders in school-based mental health initiatives
- A discussion oriented, open and inclusive space centred on your voice and perspective
- For those travelling from outside of the host city, more information will be made available soon regarding travel and accommodations, Should you have questions, please feel free to contact Joyce Erogun at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental health support will be available
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Bus tickets will be available
Share these registration links with your students!