Students: Share your Voice!
We need your help to support mental health in Ontario schools! Your perspective, as a young person and student, is crucial to making sure we’re doing this work right.
We are engaging students across Ontario in a consultation with the following objectives:
- To determine the mental health knowledge needs and learning preferences of secondary school students
- To gather student ideas for building mental health awareness, reducing stigma, and enhancing wellness at school
- To learn more about ways that students would like to get involved in provincial, district, and school-level mental health initiatives
There are two ways you can lend your voice to this project: Through our in-person regional forums, and our online survey. For more information, or to sign up to a regional forum in your area, keep reading!
1) Online Survey
The online survey for secondary school students is open from June 3rd until July 12th. The survey is focused on student mental health knowledge needs and preferences. Note that the survey is close-ended in nature, to allow for safe and anonymous input.
2) In-Person Regional Forums
We are organizing four regional forums, in London, Ottawa, Thunder Bay and Toronto! The forums will provide an opportunity to delve more deeply into your perspectives and recommendations on improving student leadership and mental health awareness in Ontario’s secondary schools.
What to expect at the regional forums:
- An engaging opportunity to learn and share alongside other students about improving mental health in schools, and sharing your perspective on how to help students be engaged as leaders in school-based mental health initiatives
- A discussion oriented, open and inclusive space centred on your voice and perspective
- For those travelling from outside of the host city to attend a regional forum, more information will be made available soon regarding travel and accommodations. Should you have questions, please feel free to contact Sherry Sim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mental health support will be available
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Bus tickets will be available